Bigu Gompa Trek
Bigu Gompa is a short trek situated northeast of Kathmandu near Koyang. It is ideal for trekkers who are new to trekking, want to closely examine traditional Tamang, Sherpa culture and the trek can be easily completed. It gets its name from a famous Buddhist Monastery named Bigu. The region is home to an all-girls Buddhist school and a monastery which you can visit anytime you want. The region is well known for recreational activities such as rafting and cycling. The trek goes through various oak, pine and rhododendron forests before it reaches Bigu gompa. The trek begins with a drive to Sorung khola (river) from Kathmandu though Chettri and Brahmin villages. During the journey various mountains such as Melungtse at 7181m, Melunse II at 7023m and Gauri Shanker (known as manifestation of lord shiva) at 7134m and other mountains ranging around 6000m can be marveled upon.
Day 01 Arrival in KathmanduOne of our representatives will pick you up at the airport and transfer you to the hotel. You will spend the night at a hotel and are welcomed with a traditional dinner at a restaurant.
Day 02 Kathmandu sight seeingOn the second day, you will be taken on a tour of Kathmandu valley mostly around religious and historical places found here. After the tour you will meet you trekking team and the trekking leader. Your trek leader will give you relevant instructions and information about the trek.
Day 03 Drive to Sorung KholaA vehicle will pick us up and take us to Sorung khola where we rest for the day and explore around Sorung khola (river).
Day 04 Trek to Bigu GompaAfter trekking for about 5 hours we see a Monastery along the remote villages from which the place gets its name.
Day 05 Exploration dayThis day we hike around the village and visit the monastery and examine closely the Tamang culture.
Day 06 Trek to DolangsaThe trail then leads us to Dolangsa village through a small pass
Day 07 Trek to BarabisheThe trail leads through the village to Barabise and the trekkers take a bus back to Kathmandu and go back to the hotel.
Day 08 Departure dayA vehicle will be scheduled to drop you off at the international airport for your departure flight.
- All Airport pick up & drop
- Necessary Flight tickets as per itenary.
- Accommodatio in Kathmandu and Pokhara and other related cities as per itenaries.
- Kathmandu city tour as per the above itinerary.
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee and during the trek.?
- Lodge to lodge/tented camp accommodation during the trek as per itenaries.
- All necessary permits and paper works
- First Aid Medical kit box.
- Tourist service charge, Vat.
- Office Service charge.
- Guide & support staffs and their insurance and salary, food and accomodation.
- Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
- Travel insurance
- International air fare to and from Nepal.
- Nepal Tourist Visa fee
- Items and expenses of personal nature
- Any kind of alcoholic drinks, hot shower, cold drinks, mineral water bottles, snacks, laundry, phone call, and internet.
- Personal Trekking Equipments
- Tips for guide, porters, driver...